I am Kanakei. Obviously I like games with my favourites being more of point and click, 3D platformer collectathon and the occasional action RPG. I love trying to 100% them, sometimes what I consider 100% can be a bit strict. I'm also a light achievement hunter as well and attempt to get all and go for Platinum and the like. I also love to do restriction runs and see just how ridiculous my stipulations can be. I do hope to have 90%+ of my games completed some day, but I love getting new games so this makes it difficult at times. I do enjoy reviewing games in the small characters I'm given and sometimes I think I gave a lot of games too high of ratings.
I've recently started taking up collecting for collections sake as a hobby, so I do have many more games than listed on this site, but just not currently in my main gaming library. They probably will be slowly added over time as my list gets smaller and I have little else to play. I don't consider myself much of a retro gamer, being more drawn to the PS2/Gamecube era, but I love trying to locate and own what many consider 'classics' and always found the more older consoles somewhat fascinating in many ways.
When I'm not gaming, I'm a big fan of watching speedruns on Twitch and is pretty much all
I watch on Twitch. I do enjoy comments and will usually respond back, but I'm not one to usually initiate. Sorry for that.
Favourite Games by Console
PS1: Spyro: Year of the Dragon
PS2: OKami; Metal Gear Solid 3 VERY close second
PS3: Metal Gear Rising
SNES: Super Mario RPG
NGC: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
GBC: Pokémon Red/Blue
GBA: Pokémon Fire Red
NDS: Pokémon Platinum/The World Ends with You
3DS: Fantasy Life
Future Master Runs
Kingdom Hearts 2
- Low Level. Proud. Kingdom Key only. No Items/Magic/Summoning/Drives/Limits
Resident Evil 4
- Maybe Pistol only run or No Merchant on Professional
(ones I care about anyway)
KH Re:CoM Beginner (1.5): 6:46 GT
KH Re:CoM Proud (1.5): 10:18 GT
KH Re:CoM Beginner R/R (1.5): 3:40 GT
Personal Rating System
1 Star (Awful)
- Almost nothing good the game and little to no redeemable things about it.
2 Stars (Bad)
- Pretty bad, but somewhat playable. It has some good elements, but not enough to carry the game.
3 Stars (Okay)
- Mixed or average. Usually moslty bad, but can be enjoyable. Can be pretty gimmicky, but interesting and original, just not executed too well. Can also be nothing really special or new, but may have a new take on it.
4 Stars (Good)
- Fun, but has a few flaws. Not bad enough to ruin enjoyment of the game.
5 Stars (Great)
- Simply fun the whole way. Very little flaws, if any. Even then, they're minor at best.
My Nulling Rules
I generally dislike nulling non-arcade like games, but there may be various reasons why I will. Generally if the game absolutely does not function, save or is unstable. Sometimes I will null it if I have no plans at all to play it currently, or the game is too daunting to learn in which it could be a long time I return to it, if ever.