Guilt/mental strain is the enemy, not the backlog (but not wasting money is generally a good idea too, if you have goal related to saving money). "Games are what I play to mitigate anxiety not cause it"
No goals are strict rules, just fun ideas.
For a lot of games I buy this won't apply (games on my wishlist I consider 4.5 out of 5 or higher), but I'd like to get to a point where for everything else I only buy a new backlog game if I've beaten two others, alternating between highest rated on my wishlist and something chosen semi-randomly.
1 unlock available!
Beat 2 to unlock:
Next purchase by rating: Games&Girls (PC)
Next purchase chosen at random: Last Rebellion (PS3)
I try to keep a game in rotation covering genre collections:
everything else will fall into whatever category feels right.
Pheria's Top 10 Games:
1. Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow - first game I really spent a lot of time with. I was grounded a lot as a kid even through the OG Xbox generation, but my parents didn't know I had an OG Game Boy so Pokemon was all I could play
2. World of Warcraft (Vanilla) - I dropped so much time in this and made so many memories. The most fun was getting rank 10 (almost 11) on the old PvP Honor system
3. Steins;Gate - This game impacted me. I love its story, characters, and ending
4. Persona 3 - This game also really impacted me. More than any other in the series
5. Hyperdimension Neptunia - The original taught me to evaluate games myself instead of review scores. I avoided buying this for a long time because of reviews, and when I finally did I realized I really loved it. Re;Birth 3 is probably my favorite in the series.
6. Burnout 2 - My favorite in the series. I held the online burnout chain world record on Xbox Live at Burnoutx727
7. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix - I was VERY GOOD at DDR in my late teens. I had almost every song at least AA'd and this was my first DDR game
8. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f - My first Project Diva game. This came along as an adult already, so I've never gotten super good at them. But I do enjoy it.
9. Dead or Alive 3 - I played this a lot as a kid too. I like its fast fighting system and all the costumes it has
10. San Francisco Rush 2049 - This was my favorite N64 game. I did manage to unlock all mileage based unlocks and the obstacle course. The music is still some of my favorite! I used to hold a microphone from my PC up to the TV and record the tracks, then burn them to a CD to listen to on the school bus. My love for this series started when for my birthday I wanted Cruisin' USA, but it was sold out. My parents got me the first Rush game instead, and that turned out to be the right call!
Games I don't stress about buying / collecting:
Hatsune Miku games
Fanservice games (Onechanbara, Senran Kagura, Dungeon Travelers)
Neptunia / Idea Factory
An extremely limited release (of a game I want to play)
Other Milestones I'd like to revisit
DOA 5 - beat with every character once.
DOA 5:LR - Attempt to unlock all costumes
DOAX3: 20 costumes trophies for all characters
DOA: Dimensions - Unlock all costumes? Been a while since I played this
Hearthstone - Actually play it. Level up Valeera?
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit - get a few more grindy trophies
Sonic Racing Transformed - replay on vita
Pokemon Blue (VC) - get entire party to 100 for
Magical Drop V - play through all characters?
Fortune Street - play through single player
Smash for Wii U - Level up various amiibo to 50
Visit my backlog with fancy box art on Darkadia![Link]