ASL: 25, Male, Vaasa (Finland)
MyAnimeList profile: [Link]
I mostly play Japanese games. Since I study the language, I know over ~1400 kanji at the moment, so I can play most games quite easily without too much of an external help. Of course, I play western games as well, but not nearly as much as Japanese ones. So, please don't be shocked, it's just my taste.
My scores are from my authentic feelings, not any kind of "professional criticism". The most important thing is how fun the game is, not how polished it is. In other words, even if there are some clearly bad design elements, if they don't bother me and the game is otherwise fun, I will praise it here more than well-designed, but a boring game.
I prefer gameplay over story. I don't play games for a story, I play games for the gameplay alone. Of course, a story is a good companion but does not work as a "main dish". You won't find too many story-focused games in my list, and I rarely praise them. There are always exceptions.
- I didn't like it / bad game. I only rate games as 1/5 if I didn't enjoy it.
- Nice. There's something to like here. Not awful, not maybe even bad.
- Great experience. A very good game. I can recommend it to others as well.
- GOTY material. Only something excellent, and usually I have been hooked to it when playing.
- It's a game that has been made just for me.
1. I have every game I have beat/completed in my list. You can see the ghost icon if I no longer own it, of course. Backloggery is mainly my list of all games I've ever cleared, regardless of the ownership. If I sell an unfinished game, I will delete it from here as well.
2. I don't list unfinished games unless I play them. No exceptions. This site is not for my collection, and unfinished state makes gaming feel like a labour.
3. If there's some kind of reason why I can't beat it, I may mark it as a null.