Clinical Psychologist from Chile!
Favourite Franchise: The Legend Of Zelda
1) New Games will always be played at the hardest difficulty available.
2) If a harder difficulty (nightmare mode, hero mode, etc) is available after clearing the game, doing that play-through will improve that game to "M" status.
3) Speed-runs or Time Trial Modes included in games also don't count towards completion, instead, they give a game "M" status. This rule applies to Metroid and Resident Evil Games.
4) Games with unlocks gained through online play such as levels, badges and medals are not required for completion and instead give "M" status provided every other single player challenge has been achieved. Games in my backlog that fall under this category are: Splatoon 1/2, Friday the 13th, Mario Maker 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Doom 2016, Re: Revelations, Advance Wars Days Of Ruin and Metroid Prime Hunters to name some.
5) Most Pokémon Games will be "nulled" as I tend to focus on battling and not necessarily completing the Pokédex every time a new game comes out.
6) DLC is never required towards completion unless I buy it.
7) Fighting Games work differently: Completing means beating the hardest difficulty with at least one character (Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Flying Dragon). If there are other unlocks those must also be obtained to get completion, but watching every fighter's ending isn't required.
8) Classic Arcade Games: Donkey Kong, Galaga, Pac Man, etc, that usually cycle are "nulled" after having made the game cycle at least once, unless I manage to become an expert of that particular game or I did some impressive achievement.
Franchises I keep close to my heart (and time-coded to specific moments in my life): Mario 2D/3D/Tennis/Kart/Party/Strikers/Paper/RPG/& Luigi, Castlevania, Pokémon, Metal Slug, Mystical Ninja, Resident Evil, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Yoshi, Starfox, Warcraft, Diablo, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Street Fighter, StarTropics, Mega Man, Contra, Mortal Kombat, Metroid, Turok, Doom, Golden Sun, Banjo Kazooie, No More Heroes, Smash Bros, BattleToads, Double Dragon, Ducktales, Final Fight, Punch-Out.