You may know me from my writings at GameFAQs: guides, reviews, Top 10s, and other miscellanea. I also write for GamingSymmetry; I am known as Alice Kojiro there.
Credit for my banner goes to the fantastic artist, Lois van Baarle. Check out her works here: [Link]
Special thanks to Bevr for making my avatar blink!
My humble collection of uncommon video game memorabilia: [Link]
Theme song: [Link]
+ Physical Anomolies: congenital anosmia, heterochromia, no depth perception, synaesthesia (multiple types), low vitals
+ Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, bits of other Romance Languages and German, a little Japanese (about 1/3 of which I can repeat in public), can read Portuguese, but cannot speak it.
+ Religion: Agnostic (Elements from Hinduism and Buddhism)
+ Playing Since: 1987
+ First Game Systems: NES, Sega Master System
+ Favorite System: SNES
+ Favorite Genres: 2D Platformers, Action-Adventure, Adventure, Golden Age RPGs
There's no such thing as a perfect game, so 5 stars does not equate to 10/10; it's the highest effective rating that I am willing to give. Numerical scores are out of 10.
★ - Atrocious; no redeeming qualities (0-2)
★★ - Bad, but not unplayable (3-4)
★★★ - Average (5)
★★★★ - Good (6-8)
★★★★★ - Outstanding (9)
- Games that have no end or games that I dislike on compilations that I own. I've not yet begun adding games that I've played, and no longer have, but haven't completed, and I don't know that I will; this is not my life story as a gamer.
- Games I haven't even touched yet, or games I've only sampled.
- Games that haven't been beaten. Any games that I've played a significant amount in the past will show up here, even if I'm going to restart them from the very beginning.
- Games that have been beaten with at least one character, but not to my satisfaction; I'm not done here.
- Games that have been 100% completed with all characters where applicable. All optional bosses have been destroyed. You get the idea. Higher difficulty levels are considered only if there's something in it for me. Most of the time, meaningless stuff like artwork or music won't count. Any game of which I have multiple versions will be counted for each instance if I have beaten both instances, so the
will have been legitimately earned.
- Any game that's been beaten 100% and with some sort of additional challenge. There will be a lot of games with no healing item runs, since I rarely use them; most of my master runs are unintentional. This will also include any game for which I've written a walkthrough, something I consider to be a mark of mastery of a game.
One last thing: I do not
care about achievements at all
, so they are ignored when determining
Rom hacks are filed under the original game, but with a (Hack) tag to denote that they're not expansion packs. My mini-review assumes you've read the review for the original game, and thus details only what's new in the hack.
I am the arms that care about the ones like you...