You may know me from my writings at GameFAQs: guides, reviews, Top 10s, and other miscellanea. I also write for GamingSymmetry; I am known as Alice Kojiro there.
Credit for my banner goes to the fantastic artist, Lois van Baarle. Check out her works here: [Link]
Special thanks to Bevr for making my avatar blink!
My humble collection of uncommon video game memorabilia: [Link]
My setup: [Link]
About the ancient dreamer:
+ Physical Anomolies: congenital anosmia, heterochromia, no depth perception, synaesthesia (multiple types), low vitals
+ Languages Spoken: English and Spanish, but the latter is very rusty. Sometimes, I can read enough of Romance languages to figure them out.
+ Religion: Agnostic; elements from Hinduism and Buddhism
+ My theme song: [Link]
+ Playing Since: 1987
+ First Game Systems: NES, SEGA Master System
+ First Computer: Apple II CE
+ Favorite System: SNES
+ Favorite Genres: 2D Platformers, Action-Adventure, Adventure
★x0 (F) - I hated this game or haven't finished it
★x1 (D) - I didn't like it, but it's not unplayable
★x2 (C) - It's fine; nothing really wrong with it
★x3 (B) - I enjoyed it
★x4 (A) - I had a blast with it
★x5 (S) - This is one of my all-time favorites
- Games that have no end, but I've played enough to be satisfied with it. Since compilations will always list every game in them, any that I don't like enough to finish will have this status. The actual collection might also have this, if I think it's worth summarizing how good it is as a whole.
- Games I haven't even touched yet, or games I've only sampled, even if they don't end.
- Games that I've begun, even if they don't end.
- Games that have been beaten with at least one character, but not to my satisfaction; I'm not done here.
- Games that have been 100% completed with all characters where appropriate. All optional bosses have been destroyed. You get the idea. Higher difficulty levels are considered only if there's something in it for me; most of the time, meaningless stuff like artwork or music won't count. Achievements are meaningless and don't matter.
- Any game that's been beaten 100% and with some sort of intentional
additional challenge; 1CCs, no death runs, and no item runs don't count. Achievements are still meaningless and still don't matter.
Rom hacks are filed under the original game, but with a (Hack) tag to denote that they're not official expansions. My mini-review assumes you've read the review for the original game, and thus details only what's new in the hack.
PC is my main platform, so anything DRM-free will be under PC, regardless of whether I got it at GOG or itch or wherever; the only store-specific labels I use are things, like Steam or Epic, that require the use of a launcher to install, uninstall, etc. If something looks cool, and you're curious about where I got it, you can try this: [Link]
Or just hit me up; I'll probably remember.
Whether you're in a wonderland or a nightmare, never stop dreaming...